Friday, August 1, 2008

First Shot at this

I guess after years of hearing about blogging, I thought I might actually try it. In this day and age of being a Leader of Soldiers, I am having to learn how to take the knowledge I have and relate it to Soldiers who are younger than I am. Certainly, it can be a challenge, but I think I have cracked that code. I tell them that I grew up on Atari and 8 Tracks, and they grew up on iPods and cell phones. It seems to work, as they understand that my experiences can help them, and I can use a language that they understand.

I really enjoy being in the Army. I know that sounds like the statement of a person who is slightly off kilter, but to be honest, this generation is proving itself to be the next Greatest Generation. I have been able to meet new people, and experience cultures that I would never have imagined. From seeing Korea and meeting some great friends, trying to learn Hangul (which I never really was able to master), to flying over Babylon and seeing the cradle of civilization, I am a very lucky man. I am hopeful that this time of constant deployment will end, and that the life of a Soldier will become more home based. So, I guess the point of this whole rambling on is to say that I will be updating this as time moves forward, and I hope to show people that the life of a Soldier, while tough at times, is perhaps one of the most rewarding endeavors that one can undertake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading this. Mind if I link it from my blog?