Sunday, August 17, 2008

I love my life

There are a few times in life, when out of the blue, you realize how lucky you can be.  For me, that was about twenty minutes ago.  I was in the bedroom, getting all of my stuff together for tomorrow at work, and in the silence, I heard my youngest giggling.  She was watching her favorite show "Yo Gabba Gabba", and was just laughing and singing along.  It was that pure sound of joy that really brought to me what a lucky man I am.  While working, paying bills, and the overall stress of being an adult can bring you down, that pure joy of life reminded me of just how lucky and blessed I am.  I am convinced that most of the time, we cause our own stress.  We don't take the time to enjoy the day as it comes.  I am finding more and more that I need to be more like my children.  My oldest teaches me that day dreaming is a lost art, and something that I should do more often.  My next oldest teaches me that wisdom has nothing to do with age, it has to do with being perspective and seeing the beauty in all things.  My almost youngest teaches me to live life to its fullest.  She puts the same passion into brushing her teeth as she does playing outside.  That is something to emulate.  And finally my youngest just taught me to see the joy in life, and to not be afraid to laugh and enjoy it.  

I am truly a lucky man, and nothing that the Army can do will take away from me the lessons my daughters teach me in the quiet times at home.

No comments: